ThisisLegal.com

ThisisLegal Forums

Welcome to the forums! A chance for site members to chat and get help.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-09 21:14:01

Elbirn

On Cracking Passwords

I'm sure you get plenty of nubbins who come here begging for help on this, and you generally ignore them all as fools incapable of doing anything for themselves. And good on you. I'm hoping my case is a bit different, being as it's for a benevolent reason.

I am a member of a small forum whose sole admin/staff member has left for good. He last logged in well over a year ago. This has caused us all manner of trouble, being unable to deal with various spammers and ne'er-do-wells, nor change/update anything on the site.

It is therefore my goal to crack the admins password and give ownership to another forum goer who will actually take care of the place.

I'm not certain where to start however. It is my understanding that, somewhere in the website, a sort of list of passwords exists, hashed. I need to know how to access that list. Closest mention to this I could find browsing the forum was someone saying something along the lines of using javascript inject; even then I'm not sure what I'd do with it.

Alternatively, I suppose I could just change the admin password to something of my choosing. Whatever's easier.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction, sorry for being a bit wordy l

Board footer