ThisisLegal.com

ThisisLegal Forums

Welcome to the forums! A chance for site members to chat and get help.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-13 08:01:18

whynot

new in hacking world ,,, how to start ?

hey everyone

i am new here ... i used to go to yahoo hacker's chat room to ask people for help all the time >>

till i meet a guy ... the chat started with he is asking me ...

How is not learning anything beneficial towards your goal better than actually doing research?

There is no reason to provide you with an answer when you do not know why the answer works in the first place.

This is why we hate Windows users. You are too lazy to take even the minimal amount of time to perform basic research on your own

How do you think we learned how to hack in the first place ? We were willing to take the time and effort to dig down and do research

You just want a one-click all solution

so this guy give me this site to start with he is a hacker since he was 12 years old .... so now i wana start to be like him ...

i did provided you with a decent tutorial on buffer overflow vulnerabilities, so I suggest you start there.

what you all think ????

i forget to say that the same guy said something about >>>
wargame ? need help with that too

tried to edit the first post to add this but did not work

thx for all

#2 2012-04-18 23:09:09

sOwL

Re: new in hacking world ,,, how to start ?

Hi. The 'edit post' is broken and I haven't managed to fix it yet *shy*

I mostly agree on the research part, that is how you learn. When you keep trying something and reading about it and learning from your mistakes, that's when you understand it and actually learn.

A good start would be to read some of the tutorials here, start solving challenges (some of them are easier than you might think) using the challenge help tutorial at the same time.

Engage with things, try "stupid" ideas to see if they work or figure out why they don't. Mess with your computer, don't be afraid to try things. Read, try, read again, try again.

For your 'hacking' needs, or I should better say 'cracking' since it's more appropriate, play with this website or others like this (for a list http://wechall.net/ or get your own server somewhere (there *are* free hosting options out there with php and msql capabilities that you *should* be using already). There is nothing like having a place to try and test any new ideas and see how they work.

Thank you for joining and good luck!

withstupid

#3 2012-06-01 20:06:14

crabbus

Re: new in hacking world ,,, how to start ?

Start learning a programming language. Once you learn your first, you'll learn many others without even trying.

I suggest taking up Python or Java. Python is a bit more clean and simple, but Java is a lot more technical and similar to other programs. A lot of websites also use JavaScript.

You can "learn the language" just by using Google and researching the websites. Eventually I plan on creating some simple programming exercises to get people started on how to think like a programmer.

Once you understand the basics, you can try dissecting other people's code. This is a great way to further expand your programming capabilities and is second only to actually creating your own programs.

as for the not learning anything is beneficial part, Thomas Edison put it best: “I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”

When you fail, you do research of what you did wrong. Make mistakes and correct them, you'll make great progress.

Besides, trying to read how to program/hack is a horrible way to learn unless you're a prodigal genius. The best way to learn is to experiment and come to your own conclusions.

Board footer